Joining the 2020 NMP service
The 2020 NMP service runs from
1st December 2019 until 30th November 2020.
Summary of the 2020 NMP service
- All bets will be sent via daily e-mails
- Most e-mails will arrive between 8.30 - 8.45 am each morning (may be some sent on Friday night for the big Saturday action at times)
- Twitter notifications can be set up on a mobile to give you a reminder when bets have been issued
- Bets will be advised on a 0.25 - 3 pt scale (average stake likely to be around 0.75 pt to 1 pt) during the turf season (which runs from late March until early November)
- The staking scale will be reduced to 0.25 - 1.5 pts over the winter, however, as the summer is our main betting period
- Most bets advised will be a mix of win only and each-way singles, though, for those who are into multiples, there will also be some of those sent out (often to try generate roll ups on the big weekend fancies)
- The turf season will remain the main focus of the service over the course of the year
- We are more interested in the better class races - class 4 and upwards, and especially the big weekend handicaps and festivals such as the Dante meeting at York, Chester's May meeting, Royal Ascot, the July meeting at Newmarket, Glorious Goodwood etc
- There will be blank betting days along the way (often early in the week) if nothing suitable pops up and these days will still form part of your membership
- We may get involved in the turf races at the Meydan Carnival at Dubai from January onwards (racing takes place there most Thursday's) and in some of the big weekend jumps races, but, over the winter, the all-weather is our main focus. I anticipate us maybe having around 5-10 bets a week on the AW over the winter - it just depends on the quality of the racing and field sizes etc
- During the main turf season bet frequency increases (and will probably emulate the frequency we had during the 2019 season - if you toggle with the dates on the Racing Index page you can see the service's historical bet frequency
- The main National Hunt Festivals such as Cheltenham and Aintree will be covered - Cheltenham especially
- In terms of Cheltenham ante posts, we'll scale things back in 2020 and may just look to get a couple of horses onside at bigger prices until February, then look to increase our interest thereon in
- The aim, as ever, will be to try achieve 100 % bank growth for the year from an initial 80 pt betting bank - long-term results are more important than those from any individual month
- I will be taking two one-week breaks during the 2020 service (likely to be in May and August) and these will form part of your membership if you have signed up until the end of the season
- An end-of-month results spreadsheet will be sent out to all members to make it easy to track service performance
- The service is only suitable for those with access to bookmaker accounts - those that need to use the exchanges in the mornings to get on are not advised to sign up - you won't be able to get on at the prices advised
- Patience, as ever, is needed, to ride out the inevitable losing runs we experience over the course of the year, as is a proper betting bank
- No refunds are given. We have winning and losing runs and you could experience either immediately upon joining- sports betting is volatile! There are month to month memberships available, from the spring, for those unable to commit until the end of the season.
Membership options & prices
Pricing: full 2019 season membership:
£225 - early bird price available until 31st December 2019 (after which time the price will revert to the full season price of - £275).
Month to month memberships will be available at
£45 per month from March 2020.
My service suits members who are prepared to adopt a long-term approach to betting, as selections are horses that are believed to offer the best value in a race, not necessarily the horse with the best chance of winning. We also have stronger months than others;
I expect to make the bulk of the profit in the summer.
I advocate using a betting bank of 80-100 pts to follow my service (longest losing run to date was 65 pts) but would advise any new member to paper trial results initially whilst they get a feel for the service, and also, to only ever bet what they can afford to lose.
Members who are restricted to betting solely on the exchanges will struggle to replicate my profits, as horses generally shorten from their advised prices to SP or BSP - and access to bookmaker accounts is needed to make the most of the better place terms available with the firms (many bets are advised each-way).
I would politely advise prospective members who are restricted to betting solely on the exchanges to find a different service to join - rather than signing up to NMP and being left disappointed over a lack of liquidity available to back selections when e-mails are sent.